|By Pat Romanski||
|April 24, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
NaviSite, Inc., a Time Warner Cable Company, announced on Wednesday a key addition to its suite of cloud storage and data replication solutions with the launch of its NaviCloud® Vault: Data Domain® solution. Enabling a secure, reliable, highly available, off-site replication service that leverages EMC® Data Domain deduplication storage systems, the NaviCloud Vault: Data Domain offering delivers a comprehensive, cost-effective, and scalable solution.
"Companies are seeking an efficient, cost-effective data protection strategy keeping their evolving disaster recovery and compliance goals in mind," said Sumeet Sabharwal, Group Vice President and General Manager, NaviSite. "With our NaviCloud Vault Enterprise Replication and Storage solution, we are enabling companies to meet their comprehensive risk, uptime, and business continuity objectives by delivering a robust, scalable, fully managed, and compliant disk-based offsite replication solution."
The ever increasing volume of content, data storage and retention poses a dramatically increased challenge for enterprises. NaviCloud Vault: Data Domain enables businesses with a flexible, on-demand, cloud-based model to scale their off-site storage capacity without the need for any upfront capital outlay. It also eliminates the need for traditional off-site physical tape backup services, thereby reducing both risk and cost, while enhancing data availability and uptime.
The NaviCloud Vault solution is designed to address the needs of customers that are currently using EMC Data Domain deduplication storage systems in their on-premise data protection schema. By collaborating with EMC, NaviSite is able to support a broad range of enterprise storage applications designed to work with the Data Domain storage system to consolidate, backup and archive data with high-speed inline deduplication. The multi-tenant solution is designed to deliver economies of scale and hosted securely across one of NaviSite's enterprise-grade SSAE-16 compliant data centers. It offers many unique features including:
- Firewall Services: Shared firewall infrastructure on the front-end of the Data Domain system.
- Internet Bandwidth: Multi-homed internet bandwidth at the NaviSite Data Center for secure connectivity to the customer network.
- Managed Services: 24/7 monitoring and management with ready access to a pool of skilled professionals.
- Professional Services: Services to design and implement a Data Domain system and Firewall tailored to customer specifications
- Integrated with NaviSite's Solutions Portfolio: Integration with NaviSite's Cloud and Managed Hosting portfolio of services.
- My Personal 2010 Predictions
- Java Application Security in the Corporate World
- Sarbanes-Oxley: The New Rising Star
- Don’t forget to register for FOSE 2013
- Sarbanes-Oxley and Web Services
- Itemfield: Defining the Benchmark for Complex Data Transformations
- A Storage Management Perspective on Sarbanes Oxley
- IT Security - "Sarbanes-Oxley Will Be a Huge Driver," Says Sun Exec
- Streamline Health® Engages KPMG as Its New Independent Registered Public Accountants
- Extending Identity Management Solutions Into a SOA