|By Cloud News Desk||
|October 5, 2009 11:45 AM EDT||
- Committed to providing customers comprehensive, best-of-breed identity and access management capabilities in a wide range of deployment options, Oracle today announced Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On (ESSO) Anywhere.
- A key component of Oracle Identity Management, Oracle ESSO Anywhere extends the Oracle Enterprise Sign-On Suite and is the first comprehensive offering from a major vendor that lets enterprises host single tenant ESSO in a private cloud to provide users with secure access to heterogeneous enterprise resources from anywhere, anytime.
- With Oracle ESSO Anywhere, the newly enhanced Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite helps employees, partners, suppliers and other enterprise affiliates to streamline access to Web-based, client server and mainframe enterprise applications from anywhere, anytime, virtually eliminating the need to remember and maintain multiple, diverse passwords and authentication credentials for each system and application.
- With Oracle ESSO Anywhere, enterprises can increase operational efficiencies, reduce costs, enhance security, improve the user experience, boost productivity and accelerate regulatory compliance.
- Oracle Identity Management is a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware.
Secure User Access
- Oracle ESSO Anywhere offers the following enhancements:
- Single Deployment Package: Provides one deployment package for all the ESSO software, allowing enterprises to take advantage of seamless enterprise single sign-on access for employees and partners.
- Automatic Version Control of Deployment Packages: Enables superior version control, simplifying the ESSO software packaging and deployment to users' desktops and workstations. Additionally, it helps eliminate the need for administrative privileges for updates on target workstations -- simplifying the process of updating and securing target workstations.
- Automatic Updates, Patches and Rollback: Facilitates a way to apply software updates and rollbacks from a central location and provides the ability for executables and data to remain on end users' workstations or be deleted upon the end of a session on the remote desktops.
- Additionally, the newly enhanced Oracle ESSO Suite includes several key components that help improve authentication capabilities, decrease security costs and deliver efficient access and self-service capabilities, including Oracle ESSO Logon Manager, Oracle ESSO Password Reset, Oracle ESSO Authentication Manager, Oracle ESSO Provisioning Gateway, and Oracle ESSO Kiosk Manager.
Oracle ESSO Anywhere Delivers Benefits Across the Enterprise
- For enterprises, Oracle ESSO Anywhere helps reduce operational costs by providing a cost-effective ESSO option that is easy to use and quick to deploy with virtually seamless automatic upgrades.
- For users, Oracle ESSO Anywhere enhances the user experience and enables improved productivity with fast, secure access to enterprise applications regardless of location or workstation set-up.
- For IT administrators, Oracle ESSO Anywhere simplifies and removes limitations and costs associated with traditional software installation and administration by providing patches and rollbacks that can be automatically applied and managed from a central location without the need to set up installation packages or install software updates.
- My Personal 2010 Predictions
- Java Application Security in the Corporate World
- Sarbanes-Oxley: The New Rising Star
- Don’t forget to register for FOSE 2013
- Sarbanes-Oxley and Web Services
- Itemfield: Defining the Benchmark for Complex Data Transformations
- A Storage Management Perspective on Sarbanes Oxley
- IT Security - "Sarbanes-Oxley Will Be a Huge Driver," Says Sun Exec
- Streamline Health® Engages KPMG as Its New Independent Registered Public Accountants
- Extending Identity Management Solutions Into a SOA